A resistive touchscreen monitor system consists of a glass LCD monitor panel that is composed of several layers. The most important are two thin metallic electrically conductive and resistive layers separated by a thin space. When a object touches the touch screen LCD panel, the layers are connected at that exact point. The change in the electric field is noted and the coordinates of that point are calculated by the computer, much the same as a mouse driver translates a mouse click or drag.
A resistive LCD touch display is generally the most affordable technology but only offers about 70-75% clarity (vs. 90% for capacitive), and the outer layer can be damaged with sharp objects. Resistive touch screen monitors are not affected by outside elements such as dust or water; they are the most common type used today. They can be activated with a stylus, gloved finger, etc.
In a capacitivetouch LCD panel, the LCD monitor panel is coated with a layer of indium tin oxide, which conducts a continuous electrical charge across the surface. When a user's finger touches the surface, the charge on the capacitive layer decreases. This decrease is measured in circuits located at each corner of the monitor. The computer calculates exactly where the touch event took place and then relays that information to the touch screen driver software. Its primary advantage is that it transmits 90% of the light from the LCD monitor, whereas the resistive system only transmits about 75%. This gives the capacitive system a much clearer picture than resistive technology. However, a capacitive system only responds to finger contact and will not work with a gloved hand or pen stylus.
A newer technolgy, projected capacitive touch screen (PCT) is a variant of a capacitive touch technology. However, it offers two important advantages: - A projected capacitive touch screen can be activated by a exposed finger, or one covered with thin cotton or surgical gloves - Projected capacitive touch enables multi-touch activation ( simultaneous input from 2 fingers)
TRU-Vu Monitors also offer Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW), Infrared (IR) and Optical touch screen monitors. We also offer the new HID touchscreen monitors, eliminating the need for special drivers. TRU-Vu touchscreen monitors include touch screen controllers, touch screen driver software, video cables and interface cables.
Contact us for more onformation on rugged touch screen monitors or HOW TO SELECT A TOUCH SCREEN MONITOR. We currently offer touch screen LCD displays in screen sizes from 4.3" to 46". Also see our new Sunlight Readable touch screen monitors below.
· 7" LCD Monitor with 5-Wire Resistive Touch Screen · Resolution: 800 x RGB x 480 · Aspect Ratio: 16:9 · Contrast Ratio: 300:1 · Brightness: 250 nits · Video Input: VGA
· 17"Sunlight Readable Touch Screen LCD Monitor · Ideal For Use in Direct, Bright Sunlight ·Surface Capacitive or 5-Wire Resistive Touch ·Resolution: 1280 x 1024 · Auto Re-Start After Power Loss · Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (5:4) · Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1 · Brightness: 1,000 nits · 12 VDC/90-240 VAC · Video Inputs: VGA, DVI · Dim-to-Black Option for Night Use · 3-Year Warranty
· 17"Waterproof Sunlight Readable Panel-Mount Touch Screen · 5-Wire Resistive or Surface Capacitive Touch · Stainless Steel Front Bezel · Waterproof NEMA 4X/IP 65 Front Face · Auto Re-Start After Power Loss ·Resolution: 1280 x 1024 · Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (5:4) · Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1 · Brightness: 1,000 nits · 12-24VDC · Video Inputs: VGA & DVI · Dim-to-Black Option for Night Use · 3-Year Warranty
MMZBTP-21.5 Series · 21.5" HD Medical-Grade Touch Screen Monitor · Conforms to UL-60601-1, Ver. 3 . Projected Capacitive Touch Screen . TRU-Flat Zero-Bezel Enclosure, for Simplified Cleaning . Full HD Resolution: 1920 x 1080 · Aspect Ratio: 16:9 · Video Inputs: VGA, DVI, HDMI, Display Port . Internal or External Medical-Grade Power Supply . Auto Re-Start After Power Loss . DICOM Available · 3-Year Warranty
SRMT-21.5R Series · 21.5" HD Sunlight Readable Touch Screen LCD Display · Ideal For Use in Direct, Bright Sunlight · SAW or 5-Wire Resistive Touch · 1920 x 1080 Full HD Resolution · Aspect Ratio: 16:9 · Brightness: 1,000 Nits · Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1 · 12 VDC/90-240 VAC · Video Inputs: VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort (DVI via optional adapter) · Powder-Coated Steel Enclosure · 3-Year Warranty
· 24" HD Medical-Grade Touch Screen Monitor · Conforms to UL-60601-1, Ver. 3 . Projected Capacitive Touch Screen (Option for Surface Capacitive) ·TRU-Flat Zero-Bezel Enclosure, for Simplified Cleaning . Full HD Resolution: 1920 x 1080 · Auto Re-Start After Power Loss · Aspect Ratio: 16:9 · 178° x 178° Viewing Angle · Video Inputs: VGA, HDMI, Display Port . Internal or External Medical-Grade Power Supply · 3-Year Warranty
· 24" Sunlight Readable Touch Screen Monitor · Produces Clear, Sharp Images Even In Bright Sunlight · 1,000 Nits Brightness · Projected Capacitive Touch Screen · Zero-Bezel, All Glass Front · Full HD Resolution: 1920 x 1080 · VGA, HDMI & DisplayPort Video Inputs · Internal Speakers · Anti-Glare Glass · Auto Re-Start After Power Loss · Lockable On-Screen Display Controls · 3-Year Warranty
MMZBT-27 Series · 27" Medical Touch Screen . Surface Capacitive or Projected Capacitive Touch Screen ·TRU-Flat; Zero Bezel, Solid Glass Front · Meets UL-60601-1 Ver. 3 . Full HD Resolution: 1920 x 1080 · Aspect Ratio: 16:9 · Viewing Angle: 178º x
178º · Video Inputs: VGA, DVI, HDMI, Display Port . Internal or External Medical-Grade Power Supply · 3-Year Warranty